Wednesday, September 8, 2010

it's the little things.

there are a great many things on which i'd love to write, but i just don't have the time right now.  for now, though, i have a very special thank you in mind.  this one goes out to...

my ankles.

for the last 2-3 weeks, i've been battling water retention issues in my lower extremeties.  it has not been particularly fun.  as you may remember, i can't wear my suits to work, and i've slowly accepted that, but no heels?  i'm sorry, i just can't give up the heels, too.  i can only take so much, my friends.  however, the other option, squeezing swelled up feet into formerly comfortable dress shoes... well, that's not so appetizing either. 

well, a concerted effort to drink as much water as possible, coupled with extra exercise and a weather shift to cooler temperatures has brought my ankles back down to normal size.  i can comfortably wear my precious, size 6 1/2 bandolinos without incident, thank you very much.

in a world filled with hearings and court appearances and temporary motions and jury trials, i needed this victory.  i am now off to court, approximately 2 inches taller, thanks to my beloved heels.  did i ever think i'd feel grateful for the day i could wear my normal work heels?  of course not.  but it's the little things, i tell you.  savor the little victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment