Tuesday, August 7, 2012

on keeping it real.

i am in trial this week.  which means i am a HUGE BITCH (in general), my office is an atrocious mess (much like my kitchen - which i totally do not have the energy to clean right now) and i have to choose between going over my exhibits again or showering.

and then i am hit with the realization that i skipped the shower this morning.  and i must shower tomorrow.  because that is the PROFESSIONAL thing to do.

today i was locked (not so much literally, but definitely figuratively) in a conference room preparing my client for trial for over six hours.  yes, you read that right.  without a break for lunch.  which means that by the time i emerged from that swampy room, starving, defeated and feeling beyond nauseous, i had to spit in a cup on the way to the restroom (literally, not so much figuratively) to keep from throwing up right then and there.

it is all in the name of JUSTICE, however.

which brings me to my next point: where is the justice in denying me independent wealth such that i could spend all day snuggling with my sweet baby boy and watching downtown abbey?  TRAVESTY.  GRAVE INJUSTICE.




No comments:

Post a Comment